söndag 1 oktober 2023

Dreadtober 01


It is that time of year again, Dreadtober. This time around, I thought I would get some Iron Circle Domitar-Ferrum class battle-automata done. I bought these several year ago (just realized how expensive they are now) as the body guards for my forge lord, but I never got around to actually doing them. I thing the reason I stalled on these was because I stalled out on the build of the forge lord. But if I get these done, then perhaps I can finish the Lord as well.



As these are Forge World models they first needed a bath, to make sure the release agent is gone. So I dropped them in a bucket of hot water and washing up liquid over the night. Then I went over each piece with a toothbrush and scrub them clean. To make sure I did not leave any residue of agent or washing up liquid I rinsed them with more hot water using a sieve. Now they are drying over night so that I can get them of the gates and start cleaning things up tomorrow.


While the pieces were laid out to dry I decided to do some quick bases so that I can fit the pose of the Domitars to the base. I will have to go over them and sand some of the ridges down but generally I am quite happy with how they turned out.



4 kommentarer:

  1. The Iron Circle are some really nice miniatures. Seeing the bits layed out like that, they look like an amazing modelling project!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Well, they turned out to not be as flexible as I thought, but still fun. I really do like how they look.

      Radera
  2. Svar
    1. Yes, we will see how long this take, could be over in a few days or I might run the whole month.. done know yet.

      Radera