måndag 30 oktober 2023

Opus and the Air Superiority Fighter


Finally I have got the mojo back for working on the Opus Magna and its flight wing. Over the last month or so I have slowly been shipping away at some of the things I knew I needed to get done before I could move on with the build and which has been holding me up. Hopefully this will get me going until I run into the next hurdle that I do not know how to solve.


So, for Opus I have finally attached the side sponsorns to the bow, holding to quad auto cannon defence turrets and two twin linked assault cannons for ground targeting. I also started cleaning up the internal structure, which was a bit messy. I will most likely cover the most outboard compartments so that one can not see inside, just leaving the corridor visible. For the front I have also been working on two mega bolter turrets. these are not quite done yet but they are getting there. I also added a dual hurricane bolter arrays to the fornt of the observation platform. The twin liked heavy bolter and laser cannon turrets along the side is up next. The I will add  some decorations before moving on to the two side wings and givning them a similar treatment. I already added some twin linked assault cannon turrets for close in air defence. These turrets also has underslung dual lass cannon mounts.


For the flight wing I finally sorted the folding wing arrangement for the Air Superiority Fighter. I is based on the Nephilim fighter but I will try to make it look more like a thunderbolt with some inspiration from the Spitfire. I am really happy with how it turned out. In the end it will be a dogfighter equipped with underwing bolter racks and the nose mounted anvenger megabolter. I will also add two additional assault cannons (WWI mount on top of the nose) and two lass cannons just for some overkill. Now I just need to clean up the hinges a bit and build the covers on the bottom side. Then I can move on to building the nose section and the intake cowlings. 






1 kommentar:

  1. I love what you are doing with the Nephilim fighter – straightening the wings gives it a new and more menacing silhouette!

    SvaraRadera