onsdag 18 oktober 2023

Dreadtober 4


This week have not seen much progress on the iron circle Domitars as I have been await with work. Since I have been home I have added the blue white chevrons to the shoulders and top of the shields. I also added some random bone white markings on the armour, as well as the Northern Ghost insignia. These were all done as free hand which is not my strong suite, at least not for the finer details. One thing I noticed was that when I painted the larger areas, such as the shield border and the shoulder guards, was that when I used a larger brush and less paint for the base colour, it became like a stipple effect, which pretty much looks like flaked paint. This is something I will use for other projects. Other areas such as the white strips and such was painted with a normal small brush where I tried to emulate the effect of paint flaking. Once all this was done I used a sponge to add some paint chipping. I used two colours for this, black and brown as it adds some depth the damages with onsetting rust. This was then drybrushed with a metallic silver to get the effect of the under lying metal. The it was on to the rust. First layer is an orange ink that I apply along edges, recesses and around rivets. This can be faded into the green by watering it down giving it a more red tone. I also picked out edges on the flaked paint to show that is the underlying rust that makes it flake. Then I painted on some brown and orange paint to emphasize certain areans where I wanted the rust to be stringer. This was also used to paint on some streaking.


Now I just have all the detailing to do. Paint lenses, pistons, cables, hammer shafts etc. and clean up the face plates. Then it is assembly and finishing up. I am quite confident that I will get most of this done the coming weekend so I will be done in time.



1 kommentar:

  1. Always great to see those details come in. Really brings the model to life!

    SvaraRadera