Now, this hiatus was a bit longer than I thought it would be. A combination of work and lack of mojo has kept me from the hobby room for close to two months. But now I have vacation and I thought I'd make a try to get some things done. The first thing is to get my last Dominus Knight finished. This is a build that I stated many years ago as an attempt to make the original kit a bit more stylish. I do not know if I managed that but at least it is now ready for paint and once done will complete my first Knight banner.
Since the body box is lager than the questoris version I decided to make a dual pilot set up for the internals. The two pilots are stacked on top of each other with the top being the pilot and the bottom being the weapons/ tactical officer.
I made some large pict screens for the bottom pilot for a good tactical overview. The top pilot has most of his screens mounted to the top carapace and are not seen here. The compressor fans are the same as I have used on the other knights to keep the look coherent. Now I just need to glue the front of the box into place sealing the bottom pilot in place, it can't be easily seen then, but I can at least paint the rest without worrying about matching the colours.
I still need to finish the weapons and base but with the pace I am keeping now I guess they will be doen about when the rest of the Knight is painted.