söndag 22 mars 2020

Fenrir WIP


I have slowly been working on the assembly of Fenrir, especially the legs and feet which are a true horror story. It turns out that what I want and what the model is capable of is not necessarily the same. My initial idea was to have a more human like stride, with one for more or less in front of the other...  well... that is not possible. An even making a "stride" seams to be beyond the models articulation... it is more of a small shuffling step. I know that I was complaining about the warlords actual walking capability and the Reaver is no better, at least the warlord was easy to pose...  the amount of pistons in the Reaved foot and lower led is ridiculous, and it all has to go in at the same time.



So to minimize my problems I decided to just glue in the front and back leg pistons in a fist posing. the central leg is left unattached and the pistons are just glued into the foot section so that I can pull it out and attach the side pistons later. It is the front and back pistons that determine the angel of the legs in forward directions so they are most important. As I wanted a walking pose I raised the back foot onto the front toe which also meant I have to build that leg first as it would be in the most extreme positions as to the piston positions, then I adjusted the other leg to mach the height at the hip. All in all I am not to displeased with the result even if it was not what I was hoping for... 


I have also finished the cowl of the head and painted it. It really turned out great so I will go ahead with the theme of the titan..  just need to do a lot of other stuff like it all over which will take time. It also meant that I needed to trim the back carapace quite a bit to fit the ears...  but in the end I do not think it is visible.


Then there is the crew that also need to have the chaos treatment....  so much GS work to do...  but it is fun even if it takes a lost of time.


4 kommentarer:

  1. Love the cowling look, this is shaping up to be another awesome Engine, stay well Brother.

    SvaraRadera
  2. How about symbolic ears on the edge of the carapace where it forms a cowl about the head ?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Might look strange or cool, not sure which, considering the ears that are already on the head. Can try once I get the ribs on...

      Radera