torsdag 31 januari 2019

Another Vorax and some Sicarian stalkers


Parallel to my to my painting on Varangian and Armigers I have been slowly chipping away on another Vorax and yet a new version of my Necron conversion skitarii.

The vorax has a slightly odd stance as I did not want it to stick its gun into the ground as per the original pose. Instead I intended to make it like it was sneaking around in a looping stride. Well it did not really turn out as I wanted but I am still quite pleased with the result.


As for the skitarii I did some necron conversions before the official skitarii kits were released. I do like the official skitarii models but they are a 10 monopose kit and I am not to sure about the robes on all of them. I have said it before and I will again. A mechanicum necorn aesthetic mix would have been a sweet looking army. Be that as it may. I wanted to make some terminator looking skitarii so once again I took out the necron warrior box and started cutting up the legs and reposing them. Then instead of using the gaus weapon nozzle as heads I used some left over skitarii heads. I also hade some weapons over from a rust stalker kit, hence the name, Sicarian stalkers. I also added some skitarii back packs that will be left over after I build some of the FW skitarii. All in all I think they fit better with my cybernetica army than the first versions. I think I have parts to build another 5 man squad so I might just do that,... at some point.



Now I will just have to press on with the Varangian and the Hellverins...

4 kommentarer:

  1. Vorax Battle-Automata are my favourite Mechanicum robot. Nice scheme, I can see these skitting across the battlefield seeking enemies for the bigger guns to take on.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yes the design of the vorax is really cool, too bad the kit is such a pain to assemble. Other wise I might be tempted to get me some more of them.

      Radera
  2. She is lovely, everything about her, even the colour scheme speaks of a singular purpose - that long loping stride as she actively scans for some poor unsuspecting morsel to be her next meal - very predatory.

    And the re-purposed 'cron parts in the skittari are kool - the magos responsible is going to end up on a Ordos Xenos hit list, but they are characterful.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. The archmagos of the Northern Ghosts are a bit of a cybernetica addict, which is sort of why he had to escape Mars and resettle in the northern ranges a distant knight world. His investigations into all manner of automated constructs became a little to much for the priesthood to stomach. So I am pretty sure he is already on a hit list.

      Radera