fredag 4 oktober 2024

Dreadtober 2024, chapter 1.


It is time again, Dreadtober, this annual opportunity to do something about the pile of two legged grey plastics hanging around the cupboard of shame. This year I will continue to work on my collection of Forge World robots for my Legio cybernetica in the form of a Domitar battle-automata. This will, together with last years Iron circle Domitars, act as body guards for my forge lord.


As it is a resin model, the first action was to soak the parts in hot soap water over night, rinse them with an old toothbrush and then laying them out to dry. As I was doing this I noticed that one part was missing from one of the gates. I did not think to much about this at the time but as I started to inventory the parts I realized it was the face plate that was missing...  this is quite a central part of the model. As it turned out, the face plate is about the same size as the head masks for the defiler kit, and I have some spare parts from these laying around since my initial defiler knight builds. So after some trimming I got one of them to fit quite nicely. In the end it actually turned out to be a good thing as the skull mask I used ties in better with the face masks of the Iron Circle Domitars.



Well, I was happy that that was sorted so I removed the rest of parts from the gates and cleaned them up. Then I started to play around with the legs to see if I could find some interesting dynamic pose or so and I realized that the thigh pistons was also missing (must have been a bad batch model). This is a bit more serious problem as these are very specific parts that can not easily be substituted with any other random part. That meant I needed to build my own custom replacement parts. I used some plasticard rods, frame cut-offs and two Necron wrist weapons to coble something together. I will go over them with some greens stuff once the glue is dry and try to make them look a bit better. But this is what I have to work with as the model was bought a long time ago and getting replacement parts from FW will probably not work.




I also made a quick scenic base to make it a bit more interesting. Nothing to fancy, just something more structured than the flat base.


Once everything is dried I will start building, and hope that it will look good even though some parts needed to be replaced.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar