tisdag 1 december 2020

Necron cleansing


After finishing the Lord Discordant I needed to cleanse my palette. Do something easy, both in therms of building and painting. My choice fell on some Necrons from the Indomitus box, a Royal Warden and two warriors. The sculpts are excellent, but I was a bit surprised to see that the warriors looked more like shambling skeletons than terminators. But that and the damaged and missing armor pieces go well with my rust theme. To make it slightly easier for me I decided to do them in some sub assemblies, but that was not as easy as I expected. The easy to build/push fit makes it difficult to assemble the models out of order which is needed in some cases to be able to paint them effectively. So it is either hard to paint and easy to build or hard to build easy to paint.



Anyway, once I managed to figure out how to build the models and still be able to paint them I set about doing my rust theme. It is really really easy and does not require any fines, just slap on the colors, and the more sloppy the better. Then it is just to go over them with the drybrush, repeat, add some details and you are done. Quick and easy, and so rewarding after the Lord Discordant. With these additions my Necron army can now boast a total of five models, but with the reanimation protocol that is an infinite number of warriors.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar