torsdag 12 november 2015

Mechanicus stuff


Well, life is hectic, so no time for hobby. At least not in any big chunks, so the knights have been on hold while I have finished of some models that has been hanging around almost finished. Then I also could not resist buying some Kastelan robots. The later is for my home away from home studio as I finished the last of the skitarii last time I was there.
After building one of the robots I must say I am a huge fan of the Kastelan models, (except the head design) as the kit is very versatile in posing etc. This is how they should have done the knight legs. Just cut away the pegs and you can do almost anything. I also had to fiddle around with the arms a bit. I think they looked a bit stumpy with just the guns, and hands are always cool... so I mashed them together. I also switched the head for some left over bits from a defiler, looks much better than the original in my opinion. The original head got turned into shoulder armour. I also had the beef up the back mounted gun by making it twin linked. I also added the fuel tanks to the back instead of the side to make it less awkward.

So this is it for a while now as there will not be much progress the coming weeks.








1 kommentar: