måndag 2 september 2013

Opus Magna 3, scale


Just a short update. After removing the books from press gluing the Magnas bottom plate I thought that I would give you a scale shot for some reference. All in all the plate turned out ok, I could certainly been more diligent in the fitting of the ribs, there are quite some gaps and the structure is not 100% straight, nothing to obvious, not on this scale anyway. I do not think I will break it apart since most of it wont be visible once the side covering is on but I still know and the structure will be less durable. I have to think on it.

1 kommentar:

  1. Surely the act of adding in additional supports will stress the existing structure ? If you believe that the materials are resilient enough, it might be worth it.

    On the other hand, what you have might well be strong enough anyway. The grid of supports in the older post certainly looked dense enough. Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

    SvaraRadera