fredag 9 oktober 2026

DreadTober 01


I missed the kick off!!!  I do not know how it happened, but I am a week late with my DreadTober build. I must have miscalculated the days and just missed that the first weekend was only a few days into October.

Well, this week has been all about getting things up to speed. I am building a Deredeo Dreadnought for the first legion/Dark angels. I have done few first legion dreads before so this is not that much new territory. I will use the same colour palett that I have used before so the paint jobb will be basically the same. However I am trying out a new technique, sponging, for the armour. So that will be interesting.


The first thing was to bet the model built. And you never know with GW kits how complicated they will be, and the Drededeo kit is complex. It is four sprues with a lot of small parts that needs to be cleaned and assembled. That took me two full evenings after work to get sorted. The build is basically out of the box but with some Dark angel things added, so nothing to fancy.


Once everything was assembled I gave it a quick base spray and started with the first layers. I did the metal parts in my usual way with a black base and some brown and orange watered down colours to give the appearance of rust. Then I dry brushed on some metallics. Then it was on to the armour with a sponge going from blue grey to light grey. This will all get a coat of wases before another round of dry brushing and we will se how that turns out.


A hectic week with some speed painting. Hopefully I will get some time in this weekend and have a new update pretty soon.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar