torsdag 14 mars 2024

Crusader and Sergeants done



Well that to more time than I had expected. From the beginning I thought this would be a straight out of the box build. But it has taken years to plan and execute. In the end it did not turn out anything what I had imagined but I am still happy with the outcome. I love these chaos models. The detail and character is great but they are horrible to modify due to all the details. This is why I could not make it as first planed, it would have required so much cutting and re-sculpting that I do not think I could have done it justice. So instead I went with what could be done with the models. I am really happy with the scratch build cannons on the back, even though I think it would have looked better with a more traditional shoulder mount. Thar would however have meant that I could not use the spikes and horns on the back. The arm mounted rotary cannons also turned out nice, giving an older and more intricate design than the original which I think goes well with the knights over all estetiks.





I am also really happy with how the paint jobb turned out. It is the first time I painted a large model using stippling weathering combined with my usually rusted metal and sponge weathering. I think this works best with a lighter colour that contrasts well to the darker metal, which means that the Northern Knights will probably not get this treatment.

Next up will be some mechanicum models I got from my wife, so back to green it will be.

4 kommentarer:

  1. That's an insane amount of Dakka for one model.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. You can never have to much Dakka...

      Radera
  2. Ahem... "DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA" That is all. Great posing and bases, as usual you haven't stuck to the out-of-the-box look. Nice.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I am finding it more and more attractive to do some nice bases... will have to go back and fix some of the ones that I just stuck on a blank black oval.

      Radera