fredag 12 juli 2019

Varangian missile launcher



Over the last week I have manged to get quite a lot of painting time in and finished of the right shoulder missile launcher for the Varangian. I basically painted the same way as everything else on this titan. A base coat of yellow-green on the base structure and a brown green on the outer armor plates covered with a blue and white chevron that is peeling of. Add some bulled holes, rust pockets and a lot of weathering and it was mostly done.


The winged bone skulls were painted the same bone as the other skeleton parts on the gun and intakes. The membranes between the "fingers" of the wings were painted in the same mottled way as I have done with the webbing on the insides. The missiles were painted a rust brown-orange to give the some more contrast over just doing them white. I also for go to make any stripes or nose tips on them, representing the lack of maintenance, or the lack of initiative to do anything to the missile bodies.



All in all I am happy. I am getting better at GS sculpting. It is still not on a professional scale but it fills it purpose on this model. Now I only have the left shoulder laser to do and some shields. The, finally it is time for the crew (the cockpit was painted before without the crew members).

2 kommentarer:

  1. The Carapace Weapons come in pairs, both shoulders should be Missile Launchers? Or do you mean the Belicosa Volcano Cannon for the other arm? Loving how this build has come along, soon be finished!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yes, they come in pairs for some reason I do not know. Back in the time when I was playing EPIC you could place any weapon on any hard point. As it is the Warlord is just a larger Reaver with two arm weapons and a carapace weapon. Might have been the follow up titan to the beatleback that had the shoulder mounted weapons built into the carapace and that it got carried over. But since I am mostly a modeler and this is a chaos titan I am taking the liberty of having one missile launcher on one shoulder and a laser on the other =) (I will repurpose the other laser to a reaver at some point, I am not sure what will happen to the other missile launcher though). I think they have that option in the computer came with titans to.

      Radera