lördag 18 augusti 2018

Varangian left shoulder guard


I finally decided that Varangians shoulder armor was done. I have not really added anything new to them in a couple of months which means that they are most likely done. So I attached the small foot plates to the edges, fixed the magnet mounts and got them sprayed. Once at this stage I got enthusiastic and just had to paint one plate. Several hours later this is what I have to show for it. I am happy with how it turned out, but it was only with the last color that it came together. Up until that point it did not look to convincing. I am also trying to improve on my weathering skills so I use the backsides of the armor to practice streaking and painting rust, chipped paint etc. I think I might have done a bit to much on this plate...  . But as it will not be that visible I will leave it and perhaps be a bit more conservative on the rest of the plates.

I also got going again on the back assembly and will hopefully be able to finish that soon so that I can wrap up Varangians body and start with the weapons.



3 kommentarer:

  1. Oh my. That’s in serious need of a good Tech Adept and some holy oil unguents! Great job on the reverse weathering.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thanks. They are slipping in their maintenance schedule.. which is kind of what happens when you turn to chaos..

    SvaraRadera