torsdag 21 september 2017

Varangian pelvis


I have just finished (almost) painting the first piece of the Varangian exterior. For this piece I had to try out the weathering and shipping that I will use for the whole titan. As I was not sure how it would look, since I normally do this on smaller models, I started with the pelvis, as this will mostly be hidden any way. I have painted the shipping in several sessions trying some different techniques. The upper rim was the first and here I tried using brown and orange paints to actually paint some larger rusted areas. In the end I think it looks more like leopard spots than rust. The second part was the dark green areas were I tried to down play this a bit and add some streaking. It did not turnout as well as I hoped. So in the end, for the leg rings and the back I just did some light sponging and orange/rust lining. I think it looks better, not as cartoonish as the painted rust spots. I am still pretty happy with how it looks. There is so much detail on the model that I think less is more in this case.

Now I will give the legs the same treatment so that I can glue them together and pin them.







2 kommentarer:

  1. Hurrah for more progress ! Keep going :)

    Any chance of seeing a better photo of your UM ?

    SvaraRadera
  2. I am hoping for some progress now that we are moving towards winter.

    Yes, I can take some new pictures of the UMs now that I found out what was wrong with the camera.

    SvaraRadera