tisdag 24 juni 2014

Grey Knigth, a homage...






Well...   the other day Erasmus Brosdau and his crew released a teaser for their upcoming CGI film, The Lord Inquisitor. This teaser features a Grey Knight arming up for action. As this is probably the best 40k CGI out there and I am eagerly awaiting the full animation I just had to do something as a homage to their efforts. The atmosphere in the teaser is so full that I just felt the urge to get me some Grey Knights and get painting. Well, after a quick, well actually not so quick as I got stuck discussing painting techniques, trip to the local hobby store, I am now the owner of a box with Grey Knight terminators. I have previously explored the true metal painting technique on my Juggernauts, where one tries to emulate the look of metal without using 2d techniques as NMM. I though that this would also suit the Grey Knights as it will give them a worn and dark feeling to them. So I started some rushed painting, I don't think the glue had cured before I stared painting, on a duel wielding Grey Knight. The rest of the squad will receive some more tender handling before paint. But I am happy with the paint if not the photos. The colours will just not transfer correctly. I am not to sure about the pose but it will have to do. There are more figures where that came from and I am not in the habit of redoing models...




As I already have a Grey Knigth squad from the 90th I also hade to take a group pic with the new and old models.






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar