torsdag 29 augusti 2013

Lord of skulls




Just a short update on the progress of the Lord of skulls. It is now mostly finished. There are some parts that are missing but they will have to await the finish of the Warbird dropship build to make sure I do not need them in that build. Over all I am satisfied with how it turned out. I did have some creative ideas in the beginning of how to make it into some walker type but in the end I decided to make a more conventional build. Only to late did I realize how I should have done to make it a spectacular walker but at that point I did not feel like tearing it apart. So I will probably end up with another one of these at some point and then I will make a better job of painting it. I did try some different styles of shipping on this one and it shows if one looks closely. Also, most of my paint are drying up and are making a mess of my paint brushes. But all in all a decent build. I am however not to impressed with the mechanic of the sculpt. It is to static to make much of alteration in the pose or to get some dynamic into it without some serious surgery. I do think GW needs to let go of the "dynamic" cad sculpting and return to straigt parts and ball and socket joints where the builder gets  to choose the pose. I can only imagine how 3 or 4 of these would look to gather on the front-line in exactly the same pose, and this is farm from the worst of these new static pose 3D sculpts. as single miniatures it is ok, like for charters but not for large kits that you might have several of. Well enough rambling and back to painting.

I will now return to the warbird and get it finished and ready for paint. During this time I will finish of some Desert Eagles in master crafted power armour that has been hanging around the to do shelf. I will also continue with the planing of the Opus Magna. And I NEED to get some new paints. Well, I do have my work cut out for me this autumn. I will try to keep a more regular posting also

1 kommentar:

  1. You've done a great job on the Lord of Skulls, very nice work! Looking forward to seeing more of the warbird!

    SvaraRadera