torsdag 17 mars 2011

The Agis Knight project

So I made a detour. I got myself a defiler and a sentinel for my birthday and I promptly got to work, cutting it up.My main goal with this "small" project is to make it out of what is in these two kits, not raiding my bits box, except my be for the pilot. I have been surfing the net, looking at what people do with these conversions and I have got some ideas of what to do and what not to do. The biggest part to figure out is the legs. Most people seams to use the front arms as legs, using the claws as feet. The problem as I see it is that the front claws has to many joints and they tend to make quite long and spider like legs. They also tend to log very chaos, which is not wrong in a chaos army, but my guys are new converts and I would like to have a more imperial look to the knight. The other problem is the pelvic area. If you use the defiler lower body as it is you tend to have very far between the legs.So my solution to these problems where to use the middle and rear leg instead of the front claws. To pull this of I had to cut the model up, separating the legs at the joints using a small jeweler saw. I also decided to use the back leg claws to make the feet. The pelvic was made using only the joints, cutting them of from the body and gluing them together. In this way I got the width of the pelvic to become smaller so that I could use more human looking leg construction. All in all there are quite a lot of parts that has been cut up and re modeled. I have not used the parts of the models as they are, but I cut them up and re-assembled them to fit my purpose. At the moment there is not much to see, just a lot of parts that will be assembled. Well I will just present a picture of the parts and I will have to get back on the details later on.
The upper body will consist of the defiler upper body with the sentinel cockpit attached up front. I used the rear of the defiler lower body to make a new engine assembly to put on the back. Cutting up the lower body also provided me with the shoulder mounts for the arms. The battle canon was made in to a handheld six shooter version with a drum magazine. Well we will see how this develops, it is a fun project to play around with in-between painting sessions. I am not to strict about the rules so the armament will be a battle cannon in the right hand, a twin linked auto cannon in the left and a missile launcher on the back but no direct close combat weapons. If it will be played I´ll probably be using as a defiler and claim kicking as close combat attacks. =) Well now it is just to glue it together in reasonable chunks, green stuff all the holes and miss match and then paint it up in the same color as the titans.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar