söndag 25 september 2011

Joluns Wrath part2

This week thing has been going fast. I started painting on Joluns Wrath upper body, I thought that it would take me some time to paint, but suddenly the front part was painted and soon the I had started out with the armor plating covering the head. Now one can see what it will look like when it is done. I have not really thought about it much, but once I saw this picture I realize that all the green stuff work that I have done, together with the painted patterns and all, it is really quite cluttered. Actually a little more than I aimed for but now it is what it is. But I am happy, it is looking good and I am looking forward to finishing it up. Speaking of finishing things up, there are currently only 7 major pieces and three minor pieces left to paint on all the titans. This means that I will have to start cleaning up and assembling the weapons for the remaining titans.

As I am moving forward with painting most of the the things are at this point standard since I have already figured out how to paint them. This might actually be the reason for the pace at the moment, it is just painting and no thinking. But once in a while I come across a feature that is unique, or atleast some thing that has not been painted so far, such as the teeth on the head and on the armor. On the titans I have seen these are painted in a bone/white color. Since I have the imperial remnants on the armor painted in a similar color I thought that I would try another color scheme. I ended up painting them a brown/black combo with the lighter areas at the base and black tips. I am not sure about this, they are quite dark and tend to be lost among all the other details of the titan. This might be good and it might be bad depending on whether I want them to pop or not. I will leav them as is for the moment, I can come back to them later on.
The Cockpit has also gotten a coat of paint, I am not satisfied with the look so I will go back and try to clan it it up a bit. The screens look too flat and the dials are too jolly. This is a chaos Reaver and not some nice imperial thingy. It might look better once the crew gets installed, they are looking suitably chaos. I have also done the last parts on Wolfish pervertions legs. The thigh plates got painted and attached. So now all the titans legs are painted which was part of my goal before the one year mark of this project. Now if I only can have the upper bodies painted as well it would be nice, but we will have to see about that.
I is nice and a bit sad to see them growing up. It has been an intense journey over the last year but is has really gotten me into painting again. I will have to find a new project to work on after these bad boys have moved out onto the fields of battle. Talking about battles, my primary idea with these titans where the painting experience, but now I am thinking about actually finding me a apoc battle and let them lose. But to do this I need to find the rules for them and as far as I know there is not one book with the rules but several so I will have to try and find some information about what is needed to play them. Well, this is it for now, until next time then.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar