onsdag 2 maj 2018

The head from Zed


When I had just bought my Warlord I was complaining (alot) about the head choices available. At the time there were only two and for one of them you had to visit the GW head quarters. Of course I wanted the one only available at headquarters...  After asking Forgworld about if it was possible to get it with out spending the same cost as the titan to go there they more or less said that it was that or ebay. Luckily a fellow blogger read my post and offered to get one for me as he was anyway passing by GW (which I am very grateful for).
After checking my blogg back log I realized that the head was actually built more or less as it is now already in dec 2016. Well almost one and a half year later it is painted. As per the Northern Ghost scheme it has a bone white face paint over a green base. To show that the bone is painted on and not meant to represent real bone I made it so that it is flaking away. I tried to get the flaked areas to make the bone look like a skull, I don't know if it comes across or not (the crown hides the effect I think). I also decided to brake up the dark forest green with some areas painted in the more yellow "primer" green that I have used elsewhere on the titan. I think it gives it more structure without being to over powering. For some reason I received an extra pair of lascannons with the titan body so I thought it would go with the chaos theme to add some head weapons. If I remember correctly this was not an unusual option in the old epic game.
The crown of command is painted to match the bronze borders of the armor plates but the blades are in a rusted white metal to give them some distinction. I am not sure the the "eye" lens looks ok. On my Reaver I made the lenses so that they look more like eyes with an iris. It might look strange when there is only one, but as it is now it does not have enough character. I will let it sit for a few days and decided if I will re do it.




The inside is painted in the primer color and painted to look dirty, rusted and worn but that is as far as chaosifications that I did. I had already assembled the head and there is so much detail in there that I did not think I could add anything that would not look to clumsy. I will see if I will do anything to the crew but I think that I will come to the same conclusion as for the interior. We will see if FW makes a chaos head at some point and if it can be bought over the internet and looks ok I might do something about it. I still have the original head that I bought with the titan, so I might do a brand new look Northern Ghost of this at some point.



2 kommentarer: