måndag 28 februari 2011

Paint Frustration

This week has been a combination of frustration and satisfaction. Half way through the week my brown ink ran out. This is the main base color for the titans on top of the green. So I went to my local hobby store to resupply...   but inks are no longer sold by GW. Instead they have something called a wash. Last week I bout a black wash as my current black ink is running low. According to the attendant that should be the same. But it is NOT. Luckily they also have the P3 paints so I bought a brown ink from them. I have not figured out what the wash is for but it is not as a replacement for inks. I have now tested both the new ink from P3 and the wash. And I must say that the wash was useless, at least for what I wanted to do with it. The P3 ink was more like what I am used to. So the main paint scheme of the titans are saved for the time being. But the black ink is also running out which is a  greater problem as they did not have a black P3 ink, I dont know if there is such an ink but if there isnt I am in serious trouble. 

Well, apart from my paint troubles painting has gone well. I have now painted the Reavers legs and one foot, or actually both feet's are painted but only one has got the border work and red areas. I am quite satisfied with the idea, but I am not sure it comes across as a paint effect rather than some red lighting. I still have the other foot to do the same way, then it is on to the hip and pelvis. There is also some green stuff work to do on the armor plates. I managed to do a nice mechanicus emblem on the Reaver body, I might put a pic on that here later on. Once I get the legs attached to each other it is the second warhound that will get its legs done. Painting is going much faster than I though it would, which might be that I have had more time to put into this project than I usually put in to painting. 

If I am good and paint a bit on my deamon prince (featured in a previous post) I might get to start on a defiler night also. This is a bit of a risk but as most of the construction work is done on the Titans I could do with a conversion project. =) well we will see about that later on.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar