tisdag 18 februari 2014

General update

So I am back home again after several weeks on the other side of the pond with work. This off course means that I have not done much with the hobby lately but I have managed to get some hobby time in since I arrived home. So this post will mostly be a general update of some of the things I have done.  Some perks with the jet lag is that if you cant sleep you can always paint. The blood letter was painted one night when I woke at 3 am and could not get back to sleep. The Fallen Dark Angel with the jump pack was actually painted the night before I left, as I have trouble sleeping before travelling, and the prow of the Opus Magna was built on the day after arriving home due to severe abstinence.

Then we have the legs...  these have been sitting around my to do shelf for some years now. If you have followed this blogg for some time you might remember that after finishing the titans I started a project with some Knights and Myrmidons. Well as it happened I decided to finish of the last Knight after I was done with the drop ship, and this was actually done before the news hit that GW is releasing a plastic Imperial Knight. So it might look like I am just jumping the band wagon with Knights, but I was once again a head of the release with my project. Well I will try to finish this one of before the actual release of the new kit so that I might get me one and start out with it without having to wait for this one. I also decided to show off the leg construction I use for these. It might be a bit late as I think the number of defiler Knights might decrease now, but if there still is some one that would like to try these out here they are. One thing that I do that I have not seen on any other defiler conversion is that I place the hip joint on the side of the thigh as a human thigh bone looks. This makes the stance more natural then if one just places the hip joint at the end of the thigh. I also make the pelvis narrower than if one just uses the defiler main body. This becomes necessary due to the side mounting of the hip joint. All in all I am happy with this conversion as the legs look more natural.

I have also tried out some new weathering on these using a multi layer sponging technique. I think it looks ok. In the end I might have to get some weathering powders and oil washes to make it look better but for now I am happy with the result. Now it is on to the main body...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar