söndag 17 december 2023

Update, Opus and Crusader

 These last weeks have been full of work and other commitments so I have not had that much time to work on the hobby stuff. That being said I still have made some progress.

For the crusader I decided that I did not really need to finish the build before painting so I sprayed the legs, torso and most of the armour (which I need to re do since I forgot battle scaring) and started out on the legs. I am doing rusted metal again! I thought I would make it more of black and silver metal but I ended up with a brownish metal any way. It is just the base paint so far I I need to go back and add details both on pistons, cables etc but also on the rust. I am pretty happy with how the stance turned out. I did have an idea of making the toes grip more around the chimera by heating the plastic and bending it into shape. That did not work out as I intended, and to save the model I had to stop and work with what I had. This meant that the feet are not attached properly to be bottom of the legs, but are at an angle that would normally have been taken up by the ankel (and I did not like the idea of cutting up the legs to correct for this). But I do not think it is bad enough to bee seen. The toes also do not connect properly with the tank but this is not seen from a distance. I hope that the lower leg armour will hide a lot of this. I need to get me some Cerastus Knights to see if the legs are better on these.




I have also been working a bit on Opus. It is slow going as there is so much to do that it becomes daunting. I have mostly been working on the upper bow section. This was probably one of the first sections I worked on an I tried to use some car body filler to fill gaps etc. This did not work out so well and it needs to be corrected. The geometry of the hull part is also quite odd so there was a lot of things to fix up and hide. 


This is one of the more heavily armed sections of the hull, featuring two Vulcan Megabolters, six twin linked heavy bolter turrets, six lascannon turrets, four stormbolters, a dual hurrican bolter arrays, two twin linked assault cannons and two Interceptor quad guns. Most of these needed some custom setup to be attached to the hull which is also taking time.


All in all I am very happy with how it is coming along and I am almost at a point with this section that I can let it rest and move on to the next.



1 kommentar:

  1. That gun deck is a lot of work. it's looking very symetrical, well done !

    SvaraRadera