I have started a new small project, the "Skag-Valkyrie". When the Armiger-class Knights were released I decided that a small banner of fast hunters would make an excellent addition to my growing Knight host. And since these Knights are inducted into the Northern Ghosts I thought that I would call them Skag-Valkyrie to keep with the norse naming that I use for my titans (Varangian, Joluns Modh, Uthola and Ylgjar Ergi). I have not given the Armigers their individual names yet, nor have I done so for their larger cousins but I am working on it. That as well as some background etc. I will see if I make a small series of posts, one for each Knight, later on.
Well, apart form thinking about cool names to give to small plastic models I have also been working on on the plastics. Off course I needed an interior also for these Knights, and since they are Valkyries the pilots needed to be female. I did not have any seated models left (I used all my sentinel pilots for the last trio of Questoris-class knights) so I was looking through my old sprues to see if there were any suitable candidates for some conversion work. What I found were some very old Dark Eldar plastic models form the 3rd edition (?) 40k starter set. These had some female upper bodies and the legs were skinny enough to look easy to get into a sitting position. So, some cutting later I had the start of some pilots. This was complemented with some heads from the Sisters of Silence sprue together with some arms. Now they need some green stuff to get them into shape but apart from that I am really happy with how they turned out.
Next I needed an interior for the pilot to sit in. Since the upper body of the Armiger-class is much smaller than the Questoris-class I decided to go simple and just make a combined "wall and chair" sort of thing and mount it to the bottom of the torso instead of making a complete interior with floor and all (as I did for the other Knights). They also got a dash board and a viewing screen to top things of. For the "engine" I used one "turbine" from the same type of jump packs (maxmini) that I used before for the larger Knights, all to keep with the theme.
I also cut out the hatch so that it can be removed/opened as well as opened up the air vents on the back. So far I have only made these changes to one Armiger and I am using this to fit all six of the interiors I am building. I want to see that it turns out ok before starting on any other kits. In the end there will be two Warglaives and four Helverins.
I have also been working on my last Questoris knight, adding some extra armor plates etc. With the additions I have made I would guess it is more in the Dominus-class size but I do not have one of those to compare with. But next to a "regular" questoris you see the difference. There is still some green stuff work to do, mostly chaos growth and so, and some missing plastic bits, but I should soon be able to start painting.