måndag 7 november 2016
I finally got some time with my Titan over the weekend. Managed to glue on the arm studs (still needs pinning) even though it almost ended in disaster as one of them came off before the glue cured. Luckily it came almost completely off so I could remove it, without damaging the model, and re-glue it. I am also playing around with magnetization of the major shields. I am not happy with how they are sitting as I can not quite manage to get the magnets to connect correctly to the iron washers on the shields. Then I also got to address one of the more stupid things with the model, the toe plates. I can not understand their function. In any real application they would be broken of the moment the titan stepped into some rubble as they are just hanging from the foot ring and would get caught as the titan set its foot down . I am not relay sure what they are protecting either as the steel in the foot ring would be much thicker than these any way, and there is noting beneath them that seams worth protecting otherwise. As it is they will just act as ramps for any infantry, leading up into the vulnerable pistons of the foot. Well as a nod to the old turtle backs I decided that they might actually look good as some pendants hanging form the underside of the main shoulder carapace. Sadly one of the few things I did not get doublets of with this kit was the toe plates, so there are only 8 and one would need 10 to make it with the same distances both back and front. Instead I decided to try to put a pair of main shields on the edges at the back as I have two set (one form each head). To hold everything in place I whipped up some holders in CAD and printed them, taking advantage of the 3D printer I have on lone. Talking about 3D printing, the air intakes I made earlier really fits the titan and helps bring the back up over the head, giving it a more aggressive look. I am also thinking about adding some armor around the lower back area were the entrance platform is. I got some extra biceps guards that I might use, but I need to add the rib armor first and see how they would connect and if it would look any good. Well all in all it is shaping up and I might actually get the torso built to Christmas. Then I can spend the holidays assembling the legs and making the base.