torsdag 29 januari 2015

Last of the Myrmidons

I have finally gotten around to the last of the Myrmidon assault walkers I started a couple of years ago. So far I have built the last parts, adding hatches, a crew man and such, now it is only some Green Stuff work to do before paint.

söndag 25 januari 2015

Dark Angel Hellbrute

Just finished the Dark Angel Hellbute. I am not to happy with this model, I should have chosen another paint scheme or not used the Juggernaut head...  As it is it looks out of place. To be onest I am not a big fan of the Hellbute models in general so I suppose it is as good as it gets.

I also painted a Scitarii sniper, based on the necron models (to be honest it is a green necron). As there are rumours that there might actually be some GW scitarii soon I tought I would get the ones I have left painted so that I can restart on the real models. But it might be that the botch it and I don't like them, then I still have my necron scitariis. If they are similar to the FW mechanicum models I will be happy, if they are some guards with bionic bits I will not... so we will see. I think that they really should have made to necron range as mechanicum form the beginning instead of introducing a new race with some forced background stuff. If they wanted robots in space they already had that faction in the lore...

onsdag 21 januari 2015

Hell Lord Scale

As requested I took a scale shot of the Hell Lord (Lord of Skulls on legs) with a Forge World Warhound and an Imperial Knight. (I will base both the Hell Lord and the Warhound)

I am currently working on a the Hell Brute from teh Dark Vengance box, it is going like so much else in that box to my Fallen Dark Angels.

måndag 12 januari 2015

Hell Lord final assembly

Well, I have painted all the parts but I am still out on the wings. I will leave them dry fitted at the moment and let it rest a while before deciding what to do. In the end I am very happy with the build and I think it looks great both with and with out the wings, so it is more of a question about which looks best not between good and bad. I have also magnetized the face plate so that it can be removed to show the face beneath. I also included a scale shot with the more or less normal Lord of skulls I painted a while back.

I hope you like the it.

söndag 11 januari 2015

Hell Lord WIP; wings or no wings

Painting and assembly of the Hell Lord moves forward. I have now finished the shield arm and the axe. I have also painted up the wings that attaches to the back. However, I am not sure if the wings really fit with the model. I thing it has a more brutish look without them. On the other hand, with them it has a greater, more regal, presence as it is both higher and wider wide the wings radiating out behind the shoulders. If I where to leave the wings of and use them for something else I would have to fix the sockets where they attach. I am not sure what to do, what do you think, with or without wings? I will continue with the head and finish that of before deciding if I should keep the wings or not.

måndag 5 januari 2015

Hell Lord WIP

Just a short progress update with some more pictures from the assembly of the Hell Lord.

söndag 4 januari 2015

Hell Lord WIP, Assembly started

I have now painted most of the parts for the legs and upper body. There are still some small touch ups that needs to be done, chipped paint and some forgotten areas. But I think I have done enough to start the assembly of the parts I have painted so far. I also need to finish the victory banner attached to the front plate (not mounted yet). After that most of the main body is done. I have started to paint the arms, shield and axe and hope to have them done soon so that I can get them on as well. After that I need to sort the wings but I have not decided yet what colour they should be. I am leaning towards rusted metal and bronze trim, but they could also be the same red as the rest of the model.

fredag 2 januari 2015

Hell Lord WIP

I am slaving away with the painting of the Hell Lord. There are quite a few pieces and at least 10 layers of paint in each filed. I am trying to streamline it as much as possible but the technique I use only allows for so much area to be painted at a time. I am burning my way through the brushes at an alarming rate and I am afraid that it shows in some palaces. But the result is very satisfying so I am in good hope that this will turn out to be fairly good model both paint wise and build wise. As soon as I have the upper body painted I will start the assembly to get a feel for the pose and colour of the model. I need to get the dynamics of the pose right otherwise I am afraid it will only look strange.